We’ve reviewed many programs on the market that claim to have the best affiliate marketing training platform. There are way too many that offer very little value at best, or are scams at worst.
Is Affilorama one of the best affiliate marketing training courses or one that provides no value?
Affilorama offers a quality program with a great deal of information. It’s not my #1 recommendation, which I’ll explain in more detail below, but I will show you in this review why it’s definitely worth your time to take a look at it.
What is Affilorama?
In 2006 Mark Ling, a successful affiliate marketer, and Simon Slade founded Affilorama with step-by-step video lessons designed to teach online entrepreneurs about affiliate marketing. Their goal was to simplify the steps it takes to become successful so that their members would make money sooner.
Today, there are nearly 650,000 members worldwide, and their program has expanded to include a free membership and a comprehensive training package and online tools.
What Does Affilorama Offer?
The first introduction you get to the Affilorama system is by downloading their Quick Start Affiliate Marketing Report. This will give you an overview of what their program teaches and has to offer. Then the basics of Affilorama’s training platform consist of 3 main parts:
I’ll go into more detail about each of these platforms and the features that each one offers.
Path2Passive is their complete guide to creating a successful affiliate marketing website. It replaces their premium membership that cost $67 per month after a $1 30-day free trial. Here are the main topics that you’ll learn about in this platform:
- Finding Niches and Products that are Profitable–Affilorama teaches you how to find several products in the same niche that have good affiliate programs and then build your site around them. They also have a listing of popular niches that you can choose from. This can be a very profitable method, although I personally have found that finding a niche that you have an interest or passion in is also just as important. This makes researching and creating content much easier.
- Attracting the Right People–Path2Passive teaches you how to use keywords to create low competition content that will rank well in the search engines. They also go into how to write good product reviews that buyers are looking for.
- Converting Visitors Into Buyers–This section of their training focuses on how to monetize your website, create a sales funnel, and get your visitors to click on your affiliate links.
- Creating Content that Leads to Backlinks–Affilorama still teaches that creating backlinks to your site is an important part of getting ranked by the search engines. This is one area of the training that is a bit outdated. Google has made it clear that backlinks are only a very small part of their algorithm. They are looking for quality content that informs and educates and gives visitors a quality user experience above all else. If you accomplish that, you’ll receive backlinks, but they are not something you should focus on.
Path2Passive is new, and the price quoted is $37. There is a lot of information with this service, and I feel that it is worth the money. For someone looking for a great overview of affiliate marketing and what it takes to be successful, this is a good resource.
AffiloBlueprint is promoted as “The step-by-step proven system for making money online (that actually works). Here is what is included in the program:
- Finding a profitable niche and products to sell
- Build and customize a website
- How to create good content
- Search engine optimization and how to drive traffic to your site
- How to monetize your site for profits
- Help and support from a private members forum
- 1 year web hosting for 1 website
The AffiloBlueprint step-by-step system sells for $197 and includes 2 bonuses: a website building tool called AffiloTheme and a marketing tool suite called AffiloTools.
Mark Ling does a great job with how the video training modules are laid out, and they are good quality. Overall, you get a program that is worth what you are paying for, but some of the training is a bit outdated.
The one criticism I have with this package is with the private members forum. For a program that has almost 650,000 members, there is very little activity on this platform.
When I was logged in recently, there were only 8 other members logged on other than myself. An active forum is one of the best reasons to join an affiliate marketing program, so I was a bit underwhelmed with this feature.
AffiloJetpack is a system that is supposed to put your affiliate marketing business on auto-pilot. I am not a fan of this particular program, which I’ll explain below. The program is designed to do it all for you, and here is what is offered:
- 90 emails that are crafted to make sales and build trust
- Three “free reports” to use for building your subscription email list
- Your own WordPress website with 1 year of hosting
- 20 content cheat sheets that you can use to create content for your website
- 18 known profitable niches
- Bonus total of 5 websites
The cost of AffiloJetpack is $997, which I consider to be very expensive. The first problem I have with this system is with the premise of their marketing strategy.
They market the first 2 programs to you by saying that they have put together a complete step-by-step program that can make anyone successful with affiliate marketing. But then they want you to buy AffiloJetpack by giving you all kinds of reasons why you probably can’t do it.
The emails, free reports, and content cheat sheets are going to be the same as the ones everyone else has been given. Even with changing them up, they’re probably not going to be the kind of engaging content that will get ranked well or convert well. In order to drive traffic to your site, you will most likely need to use PPC advertising, which can be very expensive.
While I can recommend AffiloBlueprint, I don’t see the same value for the money with the AffiloJetpack system.
Couple of Negatives to Watch Out For
There are a few negatives for me with Affilorama that you’ll need to look out for. The first one is their backlinking strategy that I discussed a little bit earlier.
Working to get backlinks to your site is not beneficial and could actually get you penalized by the search engines. Google very clearly states that artificial backlinking is against their policy.
The other negative to look out for is their promotion of PLR content, or Private Label Rights content. If content is labeled PLR, you can take it and change it enough to pass a plagiarism test and call it yours. But this type of content usually doesn’t rank well, and you get much better results from content that you create yourself from scratch.
A third concern is with their pricing structure. Some features, such as AffiloTools, are shown to be free to members, but then are also shown as a bonus with one of the paid programs.
How Does Affilorama Compare to Other Quality Training Programs?
The good thing is that their free membership has a lot of great training and information. So you can see what the company has to offer and how they structure their training before purchasing any of the paid services. I can definitely recommend Affilorama for those looking for information on how to make an affiliate marketing business a success.
However, it is not my #1 choice, which is the place I received my training, Wealthy Affiliate. Here are the main differences in the 2 programs:
- Wealthy Affiliate has a very active community platform, with many members online 24/7 to answer questions or give guidance on whatever you are working on. This is huge for those who are inexperienced and new to affiliate marketing.
- Live Chat and private coaching are available with Wealthy Affiliate.
- With Wealthy Affiliate, you can create 2 free WordPress websites with their free membership.
- The owners of Wealthy Affiliate are very active in the program and you can contact them directly
- Affilorama focuses a lot on paid traffic, which can be effective but much more expensive than you think. Wealthy Affiliate has it’s main focus on building traffic organically, which takes more time, but is free for those who don’t have a larger budget for their business.
You can check out my full review of Wealthy Affiliate, compare the 2 programs, and see which one works best for you!
Build Your Early Retirement Rating
Here at Build Your Early Retirement, we are giving Affilorama a rating of 4 out of 5. Despite the few negatives, there is value in their information and training. The company is not a scam or money grab like so many programs out there and is one of the best affiliate marketing training courses on the market.
Have you tried Affilorama or any other affiliate marketing course? Please let us know your thoughts, good and bad, in the comments below!